January 5, 2010
Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 80-85% of 1RM
note: lacrosse ball very good in glutes after 100 thrusters!
New years resolutions:
send ass back
sit back on heels
lockout overhead (all the above,not so good in
don’t segment movement
get aggressive with the bar (the way I would
respond if someone
was kicking my dog!)
loose the abbmats in HSPU
work out smarter for strength gains/avoiding injuries
PS: soaz is spelled psoas
As much as I love deadlifts, after doing yesterday’s workout with deadlifts instead of thrusters (shoulder), my body hates me today, so I’m taking today off.
1. No more tweeky shoulder!
2. 1.5x bodyweight deadlift (35# to go if I don’t gain any weight)
3. Get off the bands for pull-ups finally! (shoulder permitting)
4. Stop cheating so much on my diet (i.e. just because I go to the sports bar to watch football, hockey, UFC, baseball, etc., doesn’t mean I HAVE to have beer and crappy bar food, despite how good it tastes when my team is playing like crap.)
5. Drop-in at local affiliates when I travel for work or pleasure if one is available
6. STRETCH (yoga once a week as an option?)
7. Try AT LEAST 1 new Paleo food item per month (you don’t know you don’t like something unless you try it)
Non-CF related goals (there’s more than just these on this list):
1. Try 2 new things this year. I’ve already got rock climbing on the list as soon as my shoulder is good to go. Any suggestions for #2?
2. Read 1 new book a month. Suggestions welcome.
3. Volunteer. I’m thinking Habitat for Humanity a few times a year among other things. If anyone wants to join me, let me know and maybe we can get a group together.
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
Cindy- noted; thanks.
KT, Try surfing! Maybe even Tandem Surfing!
BS-I’ve tried surfing before. Didn’t turn out so well (cracked my nose), but its something I would definitely try again!
Tandem might be just the ticket!
Make advanced in the CFT rankings
No abmat HSPU
Punish the burpees until they no longer matter
get muscle ups
stretch more before and after wods
Stay on the bar
short and sweet
My 2010 Goals:
*Get a muscle up
*275# DL – I am @ 245 right now so 30# over the coarse of a year should be doable 😉
*90# SP – to finally get past 85# would be nice
*Stretch more & more effectively
*Listen a little better – okay who am I kidding 😉
Today marks ONE YEAR of CF for me – YAY!!!! It’s been a great year. Thank you Thomi & Rob – you guys are amazing trainers. I know I would have never grown as I have in the last year had it not been for your coaching. Thank you to all the CFVB family you are all awesome- I do wish that I was able to workout w/ you all more but I am an early bird 😉
Can’t wait to see what year 2 holds 🙂
Performance Goals 2010:
– Get Muscle Ups
– L-Sit over 1 min.
– OHS @ BW
– SP @ 100#
– Stabilize midline
– Strengthen my core/midline
– No more “Soft” in my squats
– Change my circle of friends: Gumby, Shrimpy & Halloween Cat you guys are sooo 2009 😉
Hey Hey Shay Congrats on your 1 year Anniversary – yay, it’s your 1st Birthday :)!!! It’s awesome when we get a chance to workout together, looking forward to the next year!
Work & Power Output Calculator for yesterdays “Kalsu WOD” – pretty darn awesome to calculate what work and power output we done yesterday:
concentrated on form today with 3-3-3-3-3 of ~bodyweight (135lb)
Felt good and used the CFWU to get my heart pumping.
Awesome goals from everyone for the new year. I’ll have to put some thought into goals of my own.
DL @ 195
Happy CF Birthday Shay!!
3-315, 3-315, 3-315, 3-335, 3-335. I know i said i wasnt sore this morning thomi/rob, but now im really sore.
gratz to shay on the first year of pain
225, 315, 365, 385 (bad form), 315.
Then single arm power snatch 5 reps L/R: 70, 100# db.
170 all reps. 80% max DL .. Yay for Shay she is one years old 🙂 woot woot!
375x3x5@80% 1RM. Nice way to recover after yesterday.
165 all reps @ 85% 1RM
I never saw such a bunch of disapointed people: You mmean I can’t add more weight?
We got a lot of strong people here. You all made the 80% look easy
195 all reps 80%
Comments are closed.